Who we are
This website is owned and operated by Unison US Parent, LLC. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, including as it applies in the UK by virtue of the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018, (collectively the “GDPR”), the data controller is Unison US Parent, LLC, whose registered office is at c/o Corporation Service Company, 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington, DE, United States of America.
What’s in this notice
This privacy notice (“notice”) explains how Unison Infrastructure and our subsidiaries, affiliates, and representatives (“Unison”, “we”, or “us”) collect, use, share, and protect your personal data when you access or use our website or interact with us as an actual or prospective customer in any way, including mail, email, phone, chat, social media, or in-person. It also provides you with important information about your personal data choices. This notice applies to personal data we have about you that identifies, relates to, describes, can be associated with, or could reasonably identify you as an individual. This notice does not apply to data that is not personal, like anonymous, de-identified, or aggregated data, even if it comes from personal data.
How we collect your data
We collect personal data about you in three primary ways: (1) directly from you, like when you submit information to using our forms, (2) automatically from your use of our website, and (3) from other sources, like information from property records or credit agencies.
What data we collect
- Personal data you provide directly to us: Contact and account information, like your name, address, telephone number, email address, and payment instructions. Information about properties you own or control. Other information you choose to provide during the course of our interactions with you.
- Personal data we collect automatically: Our website automatically recognizes visitors’ domain names and IP addresses. No personal information about you is revealed in this process. We may also gather anonymous “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
- Personal data we collect from other sources. We may collect personal data about you from other sources. For example, we may obtain personal data from other third parties, like social media platforms, analytics providers, and consumer data resellers. This information could include contact information, demographic information, and geolocation information. We use this data for things like product and service improvement, marketing, and advertising.
- Given the nature of our business and our relationship with you, we do not anticipate routinely collecting any special categories of personal data (sometimes called sensitive data).
How we use your data
We use your personal data for a lot of reasons, such as:
- Provide, develop, customize, and personalize products and services, respond to your inquiries, and perform our contractual obligations.
- Advertise and market products and services from Unison to you.
- To communicate with you about your transactions or potential transactions with us.
- If you are an existing customer, to administer your account, including processing of payments.
- Comply with, defend, pursue, and enforce applicable legal and regulatory obligations and respond to governmental requests.
- Enforce our policies, terms and conditions, or other agreements.
We will not share your personal information with any third parties without your consent, except as necessary to provide you with the services offered by us or to comply with the law.
When we share your data
We may disclose your personal data with others as follows:
- With your consent or at your direction: We may disclose your personal data to third parties with your consent, which we may get in writing, online, or orally.
- To our service providers: We use service providers who may need access to your personal data to do work for us. They’re contractually required to treat your personal data as private (confidential) and to use it only to provide the services we requested. Examples of the service providers we use include print, mail, or email vendors, title insurance companies, and cloud service providers.
- In a business transfer or transaction: We may disclose or transfer personal data about you as part of a corporate business transaction, like a merger or acquisition, divestiture, sale of company assets, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership. In these cases, personal data could be transferred to third parties as a business asset.
- For legal process and protection: We may disclose personal data to third parties, including government authorities, for legal processes or protection of life and safety where we believe that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary.
How we protect your data
We have security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss, misuse, to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration. We can’t guarantee our safeguards will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose personal data.
Access to your data
If, having agreed to receive marketing messages, you no longer wish to do so, you can update your preference at any time by “unsubscribing” using the instructions in any email you receive from us. This will not stop us from sending emails about your account or your transactions with us. Unfortunately, we do not maintain any procedures for you to review or request changes to the information that we collect about you, except that you may request that we remove all information about you from our database by contacting us.
We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing use. California residents can read our California Privacy Notice here to learn about their rights and how to exercise them.
EEA or UK residents
In addition to the above, under the GDPR, in certain circumstances, you have the right to: (a) request access to any personal data we hold about you and related information, (b) obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate personal data, (c) request that your personal data is deleted provided the personal data is not required by us for compliance with a legal obligation under European or Member State law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim, (d) prevent or restrict processing of your personal data, except to the extent processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and (e) request transfer of your personal data directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
In addition, where you believe that Unison has not complied with its obligation under this notice or European law, you have the right to make a complaint to a Data Protection Authority.
This website is not designed nor intended to be attractive to use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not submit any information to us. If you have reason to believe that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
Unison is headquartered in the United States and our data processing mostly takes place in the United States. Your personal data may be transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States or in other countries where our affiliates or service providers process data.
We use your personal data according to the terms of the relevant version of this notice in effect at the time of our collection. We reserve the right to update this notice at any time and we recommend that you regularly review this notice to ensure you are aware of the latest version..
If you have any questions about this notice, our practices related to this website, or if you would like to have us remove your information from our database please feel contact us at the following:
PO Box 2070
Hamilton, MA 01982
Email: [email protected]